Monitoring and reporting forthwith through the satellite based vessel monitoring system as to how nearly 1500 multiday boats fishing at High Seas, which are registered under the Dept of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources are engaged in fishing operations in compliance with the international laws and conventions of the sea.
Automatically monitoring the positioning of vessels at the sea through theVMS (Vessel Monitoring System) Centre establised under the Depardent of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources.
- Installaion of vessel monitoring system divice on multiday boats.
- Conducting awareness progrmmes for the boat owners and skippers.
- Obtaining and reporting updated information once every 4 hour daily.
- Reporting details about the interruption of VMS device (silent vessels)
- Reporting border crossing information
- Distress alert checking
- Receiving reports on the following information at 7.00 a.m, 2.00 p.m and 10.00 p.m.
- Obtaining report on harbour arrivals and the maps of each boat
- Obtaining reports on boats arriving at 48 Km Buffer Zone
- Obtaining report on boat involved in border crossing
- Obtaining departure vessels report
- Obtaining BAPTO report
- Obtaining power down report of its interior battery after two days of the power down
- Obtaining power up report
- Obtaining the report on silent vessels within a time period
- Obtaining the report on silent vessels within a short period of time.