DEPARTMENT OF FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES (DFAR)
INVITATION FOR BIDS
CONTRACT NO: DFAR –MPC- 2019 – 01
Procurement of satellite-based vessel monitoring System (VMS)
1. The Chairman, of the Ministry Appointed Procurement Committee on behalf of the Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (DFAR) invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders to supply an entire VMS comprised of satellite-based transponders, software, associated satellite service and ground monitoring facility, installation of transponders and software, including maintenance of entire system. Further details of the entire VMS are as follows :
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding.
3. Bidder’s Qualification
3.1 Supply of entire VMS
Bidder should be able to provide entire vessels monitoring system (VMS) with authorized Manufacturer of a transponder with minimum 10 years’ experience, Accredited /Authorized Satellite service provider with minimum 05 years’ experience, and VMS Software developer with minimum 05 years’ experience and the Bidder should have minimum 05 years’ experience.
3.2 Satellite service should be compatible with the transponder.
3.3 Bidder should submit valid vendor license issued by Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka before awarding the Contract.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Accountant (Supplies) of DFAR Tel: 011-2470438 and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on working days from 13th May 2019 to 30th May 2019.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application with the copy of registration as per Public Contract Act No. 03 of 1987 to the address below and upon payment of a non- refundable fee of Rs 30,000.00 per set to the Director General of DFAR. The method of payment will be in cash.
6. The pre-bid meeting will be held on 20th May 2019 at the auditorium located on the 3rd floor of the DFAR.
7. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the Auditorium of the DFAR 3rd Floor at 02.00 p.m. on 31st May 2019.
8. All the bids must be accompanied by a bid security in favor of Director General, DFAR, New Secretariat Building, Maligawatta, Colombo 10, amounted as mentioned in above table issued by a commercial bank, approved by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. It should be valid up to 26th September 2019.
9. Bids must be delivered to the room of Accountant (Supplies), Finance Division, 3rd Floor, DFAR, Maligawatta , Colombo 10 before 02.00 pm 31st May 2019 during working days. Late bids will be rejected.
10. The address referred to above is: Director General
Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources
New Secretariat Building
Contact Person: Accountant (Supplies)
Ministry Appointed Procurement Committee (Fisheries Sector)
Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Economic Affairs, Livestock Development, Irrigation, and Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development