1. What are the steps should be followed for the boat building yard registration?
• The owner will submit the following documents along with the registration fee to the district office.
• Marine engineering assistant (MEA) shall inspect the boat yard and fill form 1A for the assessment. If the inspection is successful, the MEA shall provide a recommendation on form 1A.
• District officer shall update the details to the system and scan the documents.
• District AD shall recommend the application form and form 1A through the system.
• Marine Engineering Assistant (MEA) at the head office shall check the documents for completeness and accuracy and provide a recommendation.
• Director shall approve the registration documents through the system.
• MEA shall print the certificate.
• DG shall approve the printed certificate.
• Certificate shall be sent to the owner.
2. What are the steps should be followed for the Fishermen Registration
• Fill Application form by the Fisheries Inspector in district office via the FI tab.
• (Skipper License /Owner / Fisherman / Lagoon Fisherman / Diver / Beach Seine)
• Collect relevant information of fisherman prior to the registration process such as followings:
o Copy of NIC or Passport or Driving license
o Photograph of the applicant
• The fisheries inspector shall ensure the information are duly completed in the FI tab.
• An acknowledgement of the registration details shall be obtained from the fisherman. The district officer shall (Including the manual signature) shall be obtained by the district officer.
• The Assistant Director of the district shall approve the registration in the system.
• Once the AD in district approved the registration, Deputy Director of the management division shall approve the registration in the system.
• The fisherman identification card shall be printed by the management division and shall be certified & signed by the Director General.
3. Copy of Boat Registration Certificate
• An application form (F55) shall be submitted to the district officer in the district office or to management division in head office in order to acquire a copy of boat registration.
• The applicant shall submit the relevant documents in order to acquire a copy of boat registration.
o A request letter for a copy of boat registration
o Duly filled application form
o Copy of a police complaint
• The officer shall update the boat registration details once the officer collects all the relevant documents. Scanned documents are updated in the system. Further, file shall be maintained in district office.
• The applicant shall make the payment for the copy of boat registration certificate.
• The approval matrix for the transfer application is shown below:
o IMUL – Director General Approval
o Any boats other than mentioned above – Assistant Director Approval (District Offices)
• The copy of boat registration certificate shall be system approved by the Assistant Director in the district officer for the boats other than IMUL. For the IMUL boats, the Assistant Director shall recommend & forward to management division in Head Office.
• The copy of Certificate of Boat Registration shall be approved by the Director of General for all the IMUL boats.
• The Certificate Boat Registration shall be printed and issued to the boat owner by the management division.
4. What are the steps should be followed for the Cancellation of Registration
• For the cancellation of vessel registration, registered owner shall fill Form 59 and submit to management division of HO.
• The boat owner is responsible of submission of the relevant documents to certify the ownership of the boat such as boat registration id, fisherman id & operation license to ensure the registered boat.
• The district officer shall ensure completion of following actions in order to cancellation of boat registration: –
• Cancellation of high seas operation license
o Ensure the disconnection of VMS
o Inform TRC to change the ownership of call signs
o Ensure the return of log book
• The fisheries inspector of the area shall inspection the relevant boat for the cancellation and shall approve the cancellation in the F59.
• The Assistant Director of the district shall approve the cancellation of the boat registration in the system.
• The district officer shall inform the cancellation of the boat registration to the vessel registry unit of management division in head office. The relevant details of the cancellation shall be couriered to the vessel registry unit.
• The following boats are cancelled with the approval of Management of Director and Director General.
o IMUL & OFRP – Director General Approval
o Other boats – Director – Management Approval
• The vessel registration unit of management division shall ensure the cancellation of the boat registration in the system.
5. What are the steps should be followed for the Demarcation of Lagoons
• Head Office shall send the letter to the District Office Assistant Director (AD) to inform the demarcation and the arrangement of the meeting with the other stakeholders.
• District AD shall send the letters to the relevant stakeholders.
• District AD shall conduct meetings with the coordination of the relevant stake holders.
• Stake holders shall fix a time schedule to conduct the demarcation of the particular lagoon.
• Fisheries officers/ Fisheries Inspectors shall mark the GPS points in the machine and submit the codes to the Head Office by sending the machine.
• Head office shall submit the GPS points to the Survey department via a CD.
• Survey Department shall submit the map to the DFAR.
• Once the head office receives the map, the map will be submitted to the legal officer to gazette the map process.